[ovs-dev] [ovs-discuss] OVS fdb - MAC learning Subscription

Kapil Adhikesavalu kapil20084 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 15:46:22 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the information. This is exactly what I was looking for.

My implementation involves around 3K dynamic MACs.

Couple of questions,

1. MAC eviction on table full. I took a look at NORMAL action Mac learning
code. It had implemented MAC eviction by giving fair share of entries for
the each port in the table.

Is there something similar available for LEARN action? I didn't find a way
to configure it.

I am concerned about the case where DOS attack is done by sending ton of
MAC on one port leading to flushing of MACs in other ports.

2. Will there be any noticeable performance difference between using action
NORMAL and LEARN. Assuming there wouldn't be too much MAC movement.

Thanks
Kapil