[ovs-dev] Facing some problems while Using the DPDK with ovs-vswitchd

THEEYAGU S theeyag at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 04:36:30 UTC 2016

Hii all,
     I am trying to configure and build  ovs-vswitchd in userplane with the
help of DPDK.
     I am following INSTALL.DPDK.md <http://install.dpdk.md/>, but i am
getting the following error

root at osboxes:/usr/src/ovs# ovs-vsctl add-bond br0 dpdkbond dpdk0 dpdk1 --
set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk -- set Interface dpdk1 type=dpdk
ovs-vsctl: cannot create an interface named dpdk0 because a port named
dpdk0 already exists on bridge br0

the error mentions that it cannot create an interface with the same name as
the port has.
 If I am changing the name of the interface the following error occurs,

root at osboxes:/usr/src/ovs# ovs-vsctl add-bond br0 dpdkbond dpdk2 dpdk3 --
set Interface dpdk2 type=dpdk -- set Interface dpdk3 type=dpdk
ovs-vsctl: Error detected while setting up 'dpdk2', 'dpdk3'.  See
ovs-vswitchd log for details.

when i am checking the  ovs-vswitchd log, error shown as "no such devices
are there(for both dpdk2 & dpdk3)"
i.e. dpdk2 and dpdk3 are not there in the dpdk devices list.

In Vm only four network adapters are there,
I am using one for public IP,
another one for ssh connection (i.e private IP)
I am using remaining two network adapters of type Intel PRO/1000MT
desktop(82545EM) in my VM for the creation of two DPDK ports(dpdk0 & dpdk1)

Anyone help me out to come through this problem, Thanks for you all in
advance!!

Thanks & Regards,
Theeyagu S