[ovs-dev] ovs meters implementation

Deepanshu Saxena1/CHN/TCS deepanshu.saxena1 at tcs.com
Fri Jun 10 06:54:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am sorry for the late response. I am working on the implementation of B. 19. 13-Meter action (EXT-379) of OF 1.5.1 to openvswitch.

The linux kernel meter implementation should likely use "Traffic Control" module of linux. To implement meters we can create a mapping between the meter structures and the tc structures. The tc can then apply the corresponding qdisc, class and filters using the corresponding values from the input meter command.

You can take a look on [1], [2] mail threads.
If you have any other idea on the implementation, let me know so we can co-ordinate.

[1] http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2016-April/069007.html
[2] http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2016-April/069240.html

Thanks,
Deepanshu Saxena