[ovs-dev] [dpdk-ovs] Memory allocation error while trying to add a dpdk mode port to ovs bridge

Mauricio Vásquez mauricio.vasquezbernal at studenti.polito.it
Mon Jun 20 07:40:47 UTC 2016

Hi Alex,

This problem usually happens when there is not memory allocated to DPDK in
the socket where the port is connected to. Please use the dpdk-socket-mem
option to set the amount of memory for DPDK in the different NUMA sockets,

Example:

ovs-vsctl --no-wait set Open_vSwitch . other_config:dpdk-socket-mem="1024,1024"

Mauricio V,