[ovs-dev] weekly OVN report

Dan Mihai Dumitriu dmd17 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 7 04:40:15 UTC 2016

I'd argue for the approach of keeping the OVSDB protocol in place, because
the SB schema is already there, well understood, and making the central DB
a fault tolerant cluster would have little or no impact on the
ovs-controller implementation. It would also allow the current single OVSDB
to continue to function while the cluster is developed.

That said, if the current OVSDB doesn't have an ACL model, I have some
security and robustness concerns, once it's run at scale. Has it been
considered to add an ACL model to OVSDB?