[ovs-dev] What looks like a bug in OVSDB change seqno tracking

Ryan Moats rmoats at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 9 02:35:10 UTC 2016

All-

While working on finishing up the next version of the incremental flow
processing patch, I stubbed
my toe on a situation where the port column of rows in the multicast group
table of ovnsb were
being updated without the row's change seqno being updated.

A quick look at the code base shows that weak references (like the port
column) are updated via
calls to ovsdb_txn_row_modify while row change seqnos are updated via calls
to ovsdb_idl_row_*
and the two code paths don't appear to intersect.

While I consider such behavior a bug (because it means change seqnos can't
be trusted), I wanted
to ping the list to confirm my cursory analysis before delving in to trying
to find a way to address
this.

Ryan (regXboi)