[ovs-dev] ovn: Issue in ACL stage when the dhcp reply packet is resumed

Babu Shanmugam bschanmu at redhat.com
Thu May 5 12:06:43 UTC 2016

Numan,
It happens because flow chain is paused at the DHCP flow and while
resuming, the inport is set 0. When the packet traverse down the
pipeline, while processing an upcall for conntrack in the 49th table, a
lookup for DP inport 0 is performed and could not be found. Hence, it
was not able to proceed further.

I think using packet-out with necessary actions in the userdata for
packet traversal would be better. We can use logical flow syntax such as
"output(inport)" to imply that the response is a packet-out to the
inport from which packet came. Suggestion are welcome.

Thank you,
Babu