[ovs-dev] OVN testsuite failure on Travis

Ryan Moats rmoats at us.ibm.com
Sun May 8 17:43:28 UTC 2016

Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote on 05/08/2016 11:31:18 AM:

> From: Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org>
> To: Joe Stringer <joe at ovn.org>, Ryan Moats/Omaha/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: ovs dev <dev at openvswitch.org>
> Date: 05/08/2016 11:45 AM
> Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] OVN testsuite failure on Travis

[snip]

> The most common races I see in the OVN tests would be addressed by the
> idea I proposed here:
>         http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2016-April/070041.html
> (please see the remainder of the thread for refinements)
>
> I think that Ryan Moats (CCed) is planning to work on that.

I've asked my colleague Amitabha Biswas (also CCed) to work on this
particular issue so that I can focus on SFC...

> However, it's not obvious to me how a lack of flows would cause *extra*
> packets, so there might be another issue here too.

Since some of the E2E tests are also doing "deletes" and "mods" of
OF flows, I've encountered race conditions where what we have is an
excess of packets showing up at the interface.  I'm not saying that
there isn't something else going on, just that I have seen race
conditions showing this behavior.

Ryan Moats