[ovs-dev] need info on ssl in manager table

D M, Vikas vikas.d-m at hpe.com
Fri May 20 16:07:54 UTC 2016

Hi ,

We are using ovsdb hardware vtep schema in openstack l2gateway project [1]

ovsdb server initiates the connection to l2gateway agent with the entries in manager table in ovsdb hardware vtep schema[3].
Already tcp connection for manager table is implemented in our code [2].

I am trying to use ovsdb manager table (hardware vtep schema) by setting ssl:IP:PORT. (ssl:IP:6632)

But while implementing ssl communication in our code is throwing error, saying unknown protocol, while wrapping the socket (sslv23) .
(I have tried with different versions of SSL protocol, but some are not supported)

I am using working certificates. Since the same certificates are used for initiating ssl connection from the other way and it works fine.
(l2gateway agent to ovsdb server via ssl connection).

While stating ovsdb-server with ssl we are specifying the certs path.
But for manager table, ovsdb-server has to pick the certs from some location while initiating the connection.
So what is the default location?

Is manager table works with SSl ?
Am I missing something?

Please guide me on this.

Note: my setup details
Both nodes are with below config and date.
Ubuntu 14.04
Python 2.7.6
OpenSSL 1.0.1f

Thanks,