[ovs-dev] The Patch netdev-dpdk: add TSO support for vhost-user ports

Michael Qiu 08005325 at 163.com
Thu Oct 13 07:09:53 UTC 2016

Hi, Mark

I have reviewed your RFC patch, I found one place could have issue, see
below:

+    if (v > ETHER_MAX_LEN) {
+        b->mbuf.data_len =
+            (uint16_t)(b->mbuf.buf_len - b->mbuf.data_off);
+    } else {
+        b->mbuf.data_len = (uint16_t)v;
+    }
+

Here, what will happen if v > ETHER_MAX_LEN but v < (b->mbuf.buf_len -
b->mbuf.data_off) ?

The driver will be get wrong data lenth in my option.

probably, below is right :
if (v > (b->mbuf.buf_len - b->mbuf.data_off))
     b->mbuf.data_len = (uint16_t)(b->mbuf.buf_len - b->mbuf.data_off);

Thanks,
Michael

在 2016/10/11 22:34, Kavanagh, Mark B 写道:

--
Thanks,
Michael