[ovs-dev] The Patch netdev-dpdk: add TSO support for vhost-user ports

Kavanagh, Mark B mark.b.kavanagh at intel.com
Mon Oct 17 16:00:58 UTC 2016

>OK, Thanks for your info.
>
>BTW, you mentioned the gap, is it the tunneling tso can't work correctly for multi-segments
>mbuf, and after some packets, guest is unable to xmit packets(dpdk driver failed to work any
>more)?

At the time, the gap was that the tunnel header was not replicated across all of the NIC-fragmented frames; that has been resolved now in DPDK.

However, while testing with TSO with single-tagged VLAN frames, I see something similar to what you describe. I currently have a workaround, but want to do a bit more digging before I report out on it.

Thanks,
Mark