[ovs-dev] [PATCH RFC v5 0/2] Add DPDK 16.11 & vHost PMD Support
ciara.loftus at intel.com
Fri Oct 21 14:08:48 UTC 2016
This RFC patchset adds support for DPDK 16.11 (rc1) and the vHost PMD.
Thanks to a lack of API changes that affect OVS, the DPDK 16.11 support
patch requires just one minimal code change and is mostly documentation
The vHost PMD patch removes direct calls to the DPDK vHost User library,
and instead replaces them with calls to the ether PMD API, like dpdk and
Concerns were raised during the last version of this patch here:
These have been addressed with the following DPDK patch that is
available in 16.11:
Early feedback on this patchset is important in case we need to submit
changes to DPDK (eg. see above) before the release is made in November.
* change vhost_pmd_id to signed int and use -1 value to indicate an
ID from the pool hasn't been alloced for it yet.
* free pool ID if rte_eth_dev_attach fails.
* check link status on destruct and print warning if the port is live.
* only free ID during destruct if it has been allocated.
* Use id-pool implementation for allocating vHost PMD IDs
* Added DPDK_DEV_VHOST_CLIENT netdev_dpdk "type"
* Reintroduced socket-id logic to correctly set client type sid
* Removed magic number & used var instead
* Remove race condition in netdev_dpdk_init by reordering code.
* Detach vHost PMD if netdev_dpdk_init fails
* Introduce "out" in client_reconfigure for when txq alloc fails
* Remove set_tx_multiq fn for vHost ports
* Disable indirect desc for vHost & update commit message
Ciara Loftus (2):
netdev-dpdk: Add support for DPDK 16.11
netdev-dpdk: Add vHost User PMD
.travis/linux-build.sh | 2 +-
INSTALL.DPDK-ADVANCED.md | 6 +-
INSTALL.DPDK.rst | 18 +-
NEWS | 3 +
lib/dpdk.c | 10 +
lib/dpdk.h | 1 +
lib/netdev-dpdk.c | 969 ++++++++++++++++++-----------------------------
7 files changed, 392 insertions(+), 617 deletions(-)
More information about the dev