[ovs-dev] OVS 2.6.1 release?

Richard Theis rtheis at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 31 13:10:02 UTC 2016


"dev" <dev-bounces at openvswitch.org> wrote on 10/25/2016 12:49:47 PM:

> From: Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo at redhat.com>
> To: Justin Pettit <jpettit at ovn.org>
> Cc: ovs dev <dev at openvswitch.org>
> Date: 10/25/2016 12:50 PM
> Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] OVS 2.6.1 release?
> Sent by: "dev" <dev-bounces at openvswitch.org>
> 
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 06:08:12PM +0200, Justin Pettit wrote:
> > 
> > > On Oct 19, 2016, at 5:55 PM, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo 
> <cascardo at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > 
> > >> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 05:35:27PM +0200, Justin Pettit wrote:
> > >> 
> > >>>> On Oct 18, 2016, at 5:31 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at ovn.org> 
wrote:
> > >>>> 
> > >>>>> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Justin Pettit 
> <jpettit at ovn.org> wrote:
> > >>>>>> On Oct 17, 2016, at 5:54 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:
> > >>>>>> 
> > >>>>>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 09:14:33AM -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> > >>>>>> Can we do a 2.6.1 release in the near future?  The latest 
> Python commit is
> > >>>>>> needed for OpenStack.
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>> I'd support that.
> > >>>>> 
> > >>>>> Justin usually makes the releases, and he's traveling on 
vacation this
> > >>>>> week, so we may not hear from him for a while.
> > >>>> 
> > >>>> I landed a few hours ago and can now do a release. Do we want
> to give people a day or two to get their changes in or are we ready now?
> > >>> 
> > >>> A couple of days is fine with me.  I don't have anything else 
> in mind, but others may.
> > >> 
> > >> If I don't hear any requests to hold off today, I'll kick off 
> the process.
> > >> 
> > >> --Justin
> > > 
> > > I have a fix for a bug that causes 100% CPU use when no ovsdb-
> server is up and
> > > there are link notifications.
> > > 
> > > It's pending submission because I am testing on FreeBSD and 
> found an issue that
> > > might or not be caused by my patch. And it would be nice to fix it 
anyway.
> > 
> > Sounds good. Just let me know in a day or two the status. 
> > 
> > --Justin
> 
> Hi, Justin.
> 
> Thanks a lot for your patience.
> 
> Sorry to be late about the status. I had some travel arranged and 
thought I
> could do this while traveling but this turned out to be wrong.
> 
> So, it turns out my fix does not introduce any new problems. I have 
> just posted
> it, so consider if you want to wait to apply it before releasing.

Just checking on the current status for 2.6.1 release.

Thanks,
Richard Theis

> 
> The other bug will take much more time to fix and would be much 
moreinvasive.
> So, maybe not worth waiting for. Basically, after removing an interface 
when
> using the netdev datapath, it won't be closed and adding it back won't 
reopen
> it, requiring a restart or database change, just like it was before 
ifnotifier
> for the kernel datapath. I might work on a fix, but that might take a 
while.
> 
> Regards.
> Cascardo.
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> dev at openvswitch.org
> http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev



More information about the dev mailing list