[ovs-dev] [ovs-discuss] Multiqueue with dpdk ports

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Tue Sep 6 11:13:04 UTC 2016

Hi Kapil,

RSS based on IP is used for dispersing received packets among queues on the NIC by default.

I haven’t looked into setting this up for specific packet types myself, maybe someone else on the list can help with that point.

If you looking for a quick guide to test vhost multiqueue with both physical and virtual ports you can check out the following blog, it has details with regards to sample test traffic you can use to confirm that packets are being dispersed among queues.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/configure-vhost-user-multiqueue-for-ovs-with-dpdk

The DPDK advanced guide also has the latest configuration details for multiqueue and is worth checking out

https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/INSTALL.DPDK-ADVANCED.md#vhost

Hope this helps.
Ian