[ovs-dev] Open vSwitch 2.6 release scheduled for Sept. 15

Jesse Gross jesse at kernel.org
Tue Sep 13 23:45:28 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Alin Serdean
<aserdean at cloudbasesolutions.com> wrote:
> On the Windows side we still have to integrate multiple internal/external ports. As it was discussed before, I was wondering if they could be integrated in 2.6.

I think we're really past the time where it makes sense to be adding
new features. Once we created the branch the policy is mostly the same
as for existing releases - just bugfixes. The main exception is things
that would create incompatible changes in user-facing interfaces that
we want to adjust before a public release.