[ovs-dev] error while applying the patch for GTP-U

Ashish Kurian ashishbnv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:14:26 UTC 2016

Dear Developers,

I applied the attached patch and tried to run the command make and got some
errors.

>From the error I realised that the patch was written for OVS 2.5 by looking
at the error. Now for installing OVS 2.5 on ubuntu, we need a linux kernel
not later than 4.3. But now if we download the ISO image of ubuntu 14.04
LTS, it comes with updated linux kernel version of 4.4. Is there any way to
downgrade the linux kernel to 4.3 so that OVS 2.5 is supported? if so how
can I do that?

Best Regards,
Ashish Kurian