[ovs-dev] Deferring ofproto_class::destruct vs. ovs-appctl exit

Petr Machata petrm at mellanox.com
Fri Sep 30 00:47:34 UTC 2016

Jarno Rajahalme <jarno at ovn.org> writes:

> Btw. I don’t see this problem triggered by the testsuite even if I set the ‘ofproto->backer' pointer
> to NULL right after the free() call. Do you see this happening on an unmodified OVS 2.5? If so,
> could you send the steps to reproduce. Just need to know if this is a potential crashing bug in OVS
> 2.5(.1) that needs to be fixed, or if this is something that affects your development.

We don't actually see a crash, but an AddressSanitizer citation.  As I'm
now trying to reproduce on vanilla branch-2.5, I actually can't either
(using the NULL trick).  All the rule_delete calls end up being
scheduled before the backer close.  In our code, they come later.

Let me look into it some more.

Thanks,
Petr