[ovs-dev] Query: Getting session state with the server from my-ovsdb-client code

Arunkumar Rg arunkumar.rg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 05:43:11 UTC 2017

Hi Ben,

I'm using ovsdb replication feature. Now when the server transitions from
'Active' to 'Backup' state, the client doesn't get a notification about the
server's state(active/backup).
Obviously the client can use 'ovsdb-server/sync-status' ctl command to pull
the server's state info, but since it is a pull method, I need to do a
periodic polling for getting server's state, which I think is costly.

Further, what I noticed is that the server resets all the remote
connections when it's state changes. So I was thinking to pull the server's
state only when the connection resets, instead of periodic polling.

In my client application(using ovsdb-IDL), I want to clear the
application's info before the server's state changes to 'backup'.

Thanks,
Arun.