[ovs-dev] Maintaining openvswitch-switch-dpdk in Debian

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Thu Dec 21 18:44:05 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 09:28:20AM -0500, Josh Knight wrote:
> I'm interested in using the openvswitch-switch-dpdk package (currently in
> the Ubuntu repos) on a Debian system, however it does not appear to be in
> the Debian repos.
>
> Are there any efforts or plans to maintain this package in the Debian
> repos?  I see that 'openvswitch-switch' package is maintained in both repos
> by the same groups/people, so I'm surprised the dpdk version is not already
> in Debian.

I think that someone at Ubuntu added it, but they have not contributed
it back.

I'm actually hoping to get out of the Debian package maintenance
business.  I've basically turned the downstream Debian packaging over to
Thomas Goirand and the openstack-dev folks, so the right thing to do
might be to ask them to help.