[ovs-dev] Quick question on Linux expo 2017

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at socallinuxexpo.org
Thu Feb 16 07:05:15 UTC 2017

SCALE does not under any circumstances sell or share our attendee lists.
I'm quite confident this is a scam.

The only way for attendee data to reach 3rd parties is for attendees to
individually allow exhibitors to scan the QR code on their badge.

On Feb 15, 2017 11:02 PM, "Valentine Sinitsyn" <valentine.sinitsyn at gmail.com>
wrote:

On 16.02.2017 11:52, Russell Bryant wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:53 AM, Valentine Sinitsyn
> <valentine.sinitsyn at gmail.com <mailto:valentine.sinitsyn at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I feel strange about replying to seemingly spam emails, but is it
>     the same Southern California Linux Expo as in [1]?
>

> Yes, I believe this was spam.

Yes, but what worries me is and attempt to sell private data which IMO
compromises a respected event, not spam. We all know this happens but I
never saw it happened on a public mailing list before (by accident, I
suppose).

Sorry if I got things wrong.

Valentine