[ovs-dev] RV: OVS Installation problems on Windows

sergio.tamu at gmail.com sergio.tamu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:49:20 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

I am Sergio, a Research Engineer at IMDEA Networks (http://www.networks.imdea.org/). Currently, we are working on SDN and Virtualization projects. I would need your help to solve an important issue that is blocking one of the projects.
In particular, I am having some problems when I try to install the OVS on a Windows platform (specifically on Windows Server 2012 R2). I follow the steps described on http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/windows/  However, after executing this command:

./configure CC=./build-aux/cccl LD="$(which link)" \
    LIBS="-lws2_32 -liphlpapi -lwbemuuid -lole32 -loleaut32" \
    --prefix="C:/openvswitch/usr" \
    --localstatedir="C:/openvswitch/var" \
    --sysconfdir="C:/openvswitch/etc" \
    --with-pthread="C:/pthread"

I get the following error related to the compiler:

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking whether make supports nested variables... no
checking how to create a pax tar archive... gnutar
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for gcc... ./build-aux/cccl
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/cygdrive/c/openvswitch':
See `config.log' for more details

Also, you can find attach the ‘config.log’ for further information.
I would very grateful if you help me to solve this problem,

Best Regards,
Sergio