[ovs-dev] Invitation: OVS-DPDK bi-weekly meeting...

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 11:24:50 UTC 2017

ATTENDEES
Niaz, Flavio, Ciara, Eelco, Ian, Jan, Michael, Rashid, Robin, Rony,
Sugesh, Vinod, Daniele, Kevin, Mark Gray - other may have joined later.

Next meeting: 2017-01-26, 5pm - 6pm GMT

AGENDA
- OvS 2.7 status
--- Master branch is feature frozen
--- PMD reconfiguration v3? -- discussed this. update: merged now
--- Some patches gone in last few days. May make an exception if they
are small. Recirculation (v1 has been submitted, v2 aiming for EoW), emc
probabilistic insertion? .

- VSPERF
--- OPNFV for std benchmarking of OVS, OVS-DPDK. There is a new PTL.
--- RFC test cases. Flexible - can pick tests cases, pkt gens etc.
--- https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/vsperf/VSperf+Home

- Performance Improvements
--- All performance patches needed for perf shown at OVS conf by Jan are
available (submitted or merged)
--- Nothing immediate in the pipeline for further perf improvement
--- upcalls is an area that contributes to latency spikes
--- Connection tracking performance is an area of focus for some
--- fbl: CPU flags at runtime. Still investigating. May be a lot of
effort for small gain.

- Userspace Conntrack
--- Darren is working on NAT for userspace as well as Fragmentation and
ALG/FTP/TFTP support. Go Darren :-)
--- Ian asked if there was interested in ipsec support - no one vocal on
call. Ian will share design/rfc to gauge interest.

- DPDK generic flow API
--- Merged into DPDK for DPDK 17.02
--- Implementations available for Mlx, ixgbe, i40e NICs
--- Rony planning on proposing generic flow API for integration into
OVS-DPDK. Some challenges with VxLAN.

- Hw acceleration Use Cases w/o conntrack
--- John Fastabend sent some ideas - if any feedback, please reply!

thanks,
Kevin.