[ovs-dev] [patch_v2 0/3] Userspace Datapath: introduce NAT support.

Darrell Ball dlu998 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:43:01 UTC 2017

This patch series introduces NAT support for the userspace datapath.

The per packet scope of lookups for NAT and un_NAT is at
the bucket level rather than global. One hash table is
introduced to support create/delete handling. The create/delete
events may be further optimized, if the need becomes clear.

The existing NAT tests are enabled for the dpdk datapath.

Some NAT options with limited utility (persistent, random) are
not supported yet, but will be supported in a later patch.

Enforcement of a capping of a max delta of nat ipv6 addresses to
4 billion needs to be done. I have not done it yet as I want
to confirm the form of user visibility.

One V6 api is exported to facilitate selective editing the V6
header - packet_set_ipv6_addr().

alg and fragmentation support are not included here but are
being worked on.

NEWS is not updated in this series yet, until confirmation of
release.

I realize patch 2 is big. It may be clearer and easier to keep
as a single patch, so I have done that after some discussion.

v1->v2: Updates/fixes that were missed in v1 patches.

Darrell Ball (3):
  Export packet_set_ipv6_addr() for dpdkdatapath.
  Userspace Datapath: Introduce NAT support.
  Enable NAT tests for userspace datapath.

 lib/conntrack-private.h          |  25 +-
 lib/conntrack.h                  |  81 ++++-
 lib/dpif-netdev.c                |  85 ++++-
 lib/packets.c                    |   2 +-
 lib/packets.h                    |   4 +
 tests/system-userspace-macros.at |   7 +-
 tests/test-conntrack.c           |   8 +-

1.9.1