[ovs-dev] DPDK support with Custom Headers

Said Jawad Saidi said.jawad.saidi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 06:53:49 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

I’ve added a new custom packet header(header is before VLAN header), and some new actions to OVS. The implementation works fine with pure Userspace OVS. However, when I enable DPDK it doesn’t work as expected. Specifically, the matching on VLAN-tagged packets does not work —even when the packet does not contain the custom header. Do you think this is a problem with DPDK? What should I do to add support for the custom header in DPDK?

Best,

Jawad