[ovs-dev] OVSDB Replication: Clarifications required

Arunkumar Rg arunkumar.rg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 05:52:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

Got few clarifications on OVSDB replication. Please let me know your inputs
on it.

1. From the ovsdb-server code(main_loop()), it seems that the standby
ovsdb-server becomes 'Active' if the JSONRPC session with the
active-ovsdb-server is not alive.
Instead of this behavior, is there a way(probably some CLI option) wherein
we can instruct the ovsdb-server to not become active even if the session
to 'active' is not alive??

2. I understand in the standby-ovsdb-server then no transaction(write
operation) can be done on it's DB. At the same time, I see an option in
appctl to exclude few tables from syncing, whether we can do
transaction(write operation) on those tables in the standby-ovsdb-server??

3. Can the below runtime management commands of ovsdb-server can be done
via API calls(something like IDL APIs)??
ovsdb-server/connect-remote-ovsdb-server
ovsdb-server/disconnect-remote-ovsdb-server
ovsdb-server/set-sync-exclude-tables {db:table,...}
ovsdb-server/get-sync-excluded-tables

Thanks,
Arun.