[ovs-dev] ovn-nbctl and patch ports for logical routers

Lance Richardson lrichard at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 21:07:04 UTC 2017

Hi Ben,

This is not an issue in 2.7 and later, I believe due to this commit having
removed the usage of patch ports (and their names):

    f1a8bd0 ovn-controller: Drop most uses of OVS patch ports.

The issue is very repeatable on 2.6, I just reproduced it with a fresh
checkout of 2.6.1 in the sandbox environment, it was just a matter of
pasting the command sequences from the previous email. It's my understanding
that this is not just a cosmetic issue, it impacts network connectivity
(maybe Qi Jun could confirm), so users of OVN 2.6 would need to be aware
of the workaround.

I'm not sure how important this is to fix given it doesn't exist
in 2.7 and later and there is a workaround for 2.6, although I suppose
there could be an underlying issue that would impact other areas (maybe
cases where patch ports are still being used in ovn-controller?)

Thanks,

   Lance