[ovs-dev] ofport = -1?

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Jul 12 14:56:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 02:05:58PM +0200, Krzysztof Wojciechowski wrote:
> I am writing some kind of SDN driver at this moment. I have problem with
> ofports. Sometimes they have value "-1". I am not sure if its wrong. But i
> cant add flow with ACTION=output:-1
> I think We didn't have this problem with Xen Cloud Platform or Xen installed
> on Xen on Debian. But it exist in XenServer6.5 (not sure if in newer).

Did you read the documentation?

       ofport: optional integer
              OpenFlow  port number for this interface. Open vSwitch sets this
              column’s value, so other clients should treat it as read-only.

              The OpenFlow ``local’’ port (OFPP_LOCAL) is  65,534.  The  other
              valid  port  numbers  are  in  the range 1 to 65,279, inclusive.
              Value -1 indicates an error adding the interface.