[ovs-dev] Request to tag 2.7 branch with v2.7.1

Justin Pettit jpettit.ovn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 01:21:32 UTC 2017

> On Jun 27, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

>>> I had been thinking about this patch:
>>> https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-June/334446.html
>>>
>>> However, it is in a delicate area of the code and no-one other than me
>>> has had a chance to look it over yet. Therefore, I don't think it
>>> should block the 2.7.1 release.
>>
>> Ben and I are in China right now, and I owe Ben a review on one
>> patch. I will get that done on Monday, and then I'll get the release
>> process kicked off.
>
> Did you make any progress on this?

Some.  I was holding back to review this patch:

	https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-May/333000.html

When I apply it, "make check" fails.  I've spent a few minutes trying to see if there's an actual bug there.  While running valgrind, I did discover one, for which I sent a patch:

    https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-June/334688.html

Valgrind didn't report an error on the original issue, though.  I'm going to poke around a bit more tonight to see what's going on.  If I don't make any progress soon, though, we'll defer it to a future release.  I wouldn't mind getting that other patch reviewed, though, since it does affect 2.7 and is pretty trivial.

--Justin