[ovs-dev] OVN meeting report

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Thu Mar 23 03:11:06 UTC 2017

Hello everyone.  I am not sure whether I am going to be able to attend
the OVN meeting tomorrow, because I will be in another possibly
distracting meeting, so I'm going to give my report here.

Toward the end of last week I did a full pass of reviews through
patchwork.  The most notable result, I think, is that I applied patches
that add 802.1ad support.  For OVN, this makes it more reasonable to
consider adding support for tagged logical ports--currently, OVN drops
all tagged logical packets--which I've heard requested once or twice,
because it means that they can now be gatewayed to physical ports within
an outer VLAN.  I don't have any plans to work on that, but I think that
it is worth pointing out.

The OVS "Open Source Day" talks have been scheduled at OpenStack
Boston.  They are all on Wednesday:
https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/#track=135

I've been spending what dev time I have on database clustering.  Today,
I managed to get it working, with many caveats.  It will take weeks or
months longer to get it finished, tested, and ready for posting.  (If
you want what I have, check out the raft3 branch in my ovs-reviews repo
at github.)