[ovs-dev] How to set QoS for VM egress traffic on tunnel mode

王志克 wangzhike at jd.com
Wed Nov 22 09:50:54 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I want to set QoS with guide from below link “egress traffic shaping”, but do not know how for tunnel mode.
http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/qos/

My scenario:

I have several VM ports, and several VxLan ports in br0, and there is one seprate eth0 port (not in br0), which is the underlay port of Vxlan port.
Currently I add rule to match VM traffic to certain Vxlan port, and all these vxlan ports would go out through eth0.

Now I want to enable egress traffic shaping, eg:
VM1 goes out with min_rate=10M, max_rate=100M.
VM2 goes out with min_rate=50M, max_rate=200M.

In the given example in http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/qos/ chapter “egress traffic shaping”, it directly uses the physical port. But in tunnel case, I can NOT specify the physical port directly.
So how to configrue egress traffic shaping in tunnel case? Appreciate some example configruation. Thanks.

Br,
Wang Zhike