[ovs-dev] two possible bugs about ipv6 multicast

Huanle Han hanxueluo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 15:40:01 UTC 2017

Hi, All

I'm just learning ipv6. When I go through ovs code about ipv6 normal
forwarding, I find 2 possible "bugs". Could you explain some for me? Thanks.

1. In fucntion "xlate_normal". when mcast snooping is on, ipv6 neighbor
discover packet, whose dest mac is "33:33:**", is proccessed in
mcast_snooping code branch. Is this corrent?

2. In function "xlate_normal", "is_mld()"  code branch deosn't return as
"igmp" does, but continue to look up mcast table and forward to group base
ports. Is this corrent?

Best regards,
Huanle