[ovs-dev] OVS DPDK NUMA pmd assignment question for physical port

王志克 wangzhike at jd.com
Thu Sep 7 04:15:18 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: O Mahony, Billy [mailto:billy.o.mahony at intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2017 10:49 PM
To: Kevin Traynor; Jan Scheurich; 王志克; Darrell Ball; ovs-discuss at openvswitch.org; ovs-dev at openvswitch.org
Subject: RE: [ovs-dev] OVS DPDK NUMA pmd assignment question for physical port

[[BO'M]] Wang's original request would constitute default cross numa assignment but I don't think this modified proposal would as it still requires explicit config to assign to the remote NUMA.

[Wangzhike] I think configuration option or compiling option are OK to me, since only phyiscal NIC rxq needs be configrued. It is only one-shot job.
Regarding the test concern, I think it is worth to clarify different performance if the new behavior improves the rx throughput a lot.