[ovs-dev] Regarding implementing support for SNMP protocol

Shreyas Shetty shetty.shreyas9796 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 06:29:45 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am just starting out learning about OVS. My mentor suggested a possible
work area of implementing support for SNMP protocol inside OVS. I was
wondering if someone had attempted it before?
If yes, what was the way they went about it? Is there some thread where it
was discussed?
If not, what would be architectural wise best way to implement a platform
independent plugin?
Would a wrapper around ovn-controller be a good idea, or can a SNMP agent(
modified) querying the database directly a better idea?
Sorry, if my ideas seem vague, I'm still learning about OVS.
Cheers to all the good work being done here!
Thank you,

--
*SHREYAS SHETTY*
B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science

Birla Institute of Technology & Science , Pilani
Pilani Campus
Phone : +917737138570