[ovs-dev] 答复: [RFC] Question about ovn-controller performance

wang.qianyu at zte.com.cn wang.qianyu at zte.com.cn
Thu Sep 14 10:46:32 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Whether we could add a port property to logical flow? port property have
value of "normal" or logical port name. If the port property is "normal"
means this logical flow should be allocated to all HVs, if port property
is a name of logical_port, means this logical flow is related to specific
port, not need allocated to all computer nodes.

I think this manner may reduce a great mount of flows in single HV.

Thanks.

王前宇10110202
2017/09/14 10:39

        收件人:        azhou at ovn.org, blp at ovn.org, zhouhan at gmail.com,
        抄送:  dev at openvswitch.org, XuRong037997/user/zte_ltd at zte_ltd,
ZhouHuiJing033341/user/zte_ltd at zte_ltd
        主题:  [ovs-dev] [RFC] Question about ovn-controller performance

I configure 5 networks, every network have about 80 ports, the total ports
is 400, all in same security group.

When I bind some port on HVs, the ovn-controller is always running with
100% cpu, and the total openflow table entities in ovs is more than
300,000. Most of the entities is table 52, worked as src ip filter.

Could some one tell me how to reduce the flows or how to make
ovn-controller work more efficient or do some options to reduce the table
number of acls?

The attachment is the dump of ovn-sb.

Thanks.