[ovs-dev] 2.7.3 release?

Darrell Ball dball at vmware.com
Tue Sep 26 22:34:07 UTC 2017

On 9/25/17, 12:41 PM, "Ben Pfaff" <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

    On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 06:37:29PM +0000, Darrell Ball wrote:

    > On 9/25/17, 11:31 AM, "Ben Pfaff" <blp at ovn.org> wrote:
    >
    >     On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 06:28:46PM +0000, Darrell Ball wrote:
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > On 9/25/17, 10:49 AM, "ovs-dev-bounces at openvswitch.org on behalf of Justin Pettit" <ovs-dev-bounces at openvswitch.org on behalf of jpettit at ovn.org> wrote:
    >     >
    >     >
    >     >     > On Sep 25, 2017, at 5:54 AM, Russell Bryant <russell at ovn.org> wrote:
    >     >     >
    >     >     > There's some important changes in branch-2.7.  Can we do a 2.7.3
    >     >     > release soon?  Does anyone have anything they need addressed first?
    >     >
    >     >     I'm happy to do a release.  I think we're due for a 2.8.1 release, too.
    >     >
    >     >     Ian wants a DPDK patch moved into branch-2.8.  Is there anything else that's important?
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > 2.8.0 was Aug 31.
    >     > Maybe 2.8.1 can wait a couple weeks to give time for other potential fixes?
    >
    >     There will always be more fixes, and we can always do more releases.
    >
    >     Do you know of important fixes that are in the works?
    >
    > There are a couple backport requests in the dpdk merge.

    OK.

    I merged that request, and backported one of them, but "netdev-dpdk:
    reset packet_type for reused dp_packets." had a conflict.  Can you send
    out a backport?

I sent out a two patch series backport request here
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=5042

    > Also, ideally, I would like to include
    > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__patchwork.ozlabs.org_patch_816712_&d=DwIBAg&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=BVhFA09CGX7JQ5Ih-uZnsw&m=dUNQc7lLVYHsKc9aahwyrvZMr8T9MBwGKdlBzWvttMM&s=EyJ0ntHzrXaLo0BMDREZnHkpMhNLixvNi-HdUDBoWzQ&e=
    > as well.

    Just patch 5 from that series?  Usually, I expect important bug fixes to
    be early in a series.

I changed the ordering of the patches, so that patches 1-3 are relevant to backporting and sent a new version
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=5051
The changes are borderline in meeting the test for backporting, but I think the debug change would be nice to have.