[ovs-dev] Openflow group/load balancing support in OVN

Numan Siddique nusiddiq at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 15:21:50 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 8:06 AM, Manoj Sharma <manoj.shar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Is there any way to configure open flow group or anything similar from OVN
> to load balance traffic to more than one port?
>
> I have a logical switch with two ports connected to two different chassis.
> I would like to load balance traffic to these two chassis.
>
> ovn-nbctl ls-add foo
> ovn-nbctl lsp-add foo foo-lsp1
> ovn-nbctl lsp-add foo foo-lsp2
>
> ovn-sbctl chassis-add ch0 vxlan 1.2.3.5
> ovn-sbctl chassis-add ch1 vxlan 1.2.3.6
>
> ovn-sbctl lsp-bind foo-lsp1 ch0
> ovn-sbctl lsp-bind foo-lsp2 ch1
>
> Is there any way to put foo-lsp1 and foo-lsp2 in a group or some similar
> construct and load balance across these two?

Hi Manoj,

OVN has native OVN load balancer support. You can get more details by
running "man ovn-nb" and grepping for "Load_Balancer TABLE".
Also you can run "ovn-nbctl --help | grep lb" to get the supported commands
relatad to load balancer.

You can check out this link if you want to -
http://blog.spinhirne.com/2016/09/the-ovn-load-balancer.html

Thanks
Numan

Thanks