[ovs-dev] [RFC 0/2] dpdk: minor refactor of the initialization step

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Fri Apr 6 11:42:14 UTC 2018

So just from a deployment tools point of view I would like to point out that
This change could break existing workflow that deploy ovs in a docker container.
Kolla ansible assumes that if the docker ovs_vswitchd container is still running that the
is infact running in dpdk mode when we set dpdk-init=true.

Can I request that if you make this change you add something along the lines of
dpdk-init-is-fatal=true/false so that we can explicitly say which behavior we want.
I would not be surprised if people have built monitoring around "is the ovs-vswitchd running"
To infer at least at a highlevel that "everything is fine" where as the log message/db field proposed
Here will invalidate that.
it would be ease to check that field but its work that needs to be done in multiple places.