[ovs-dev] How to implement IEEE 802.1Q using vSwitch in Core Emulator ?

rakesh kumar rakesh.srajiv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 05:49:28 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am using core emulator for wired network simulation and internally for
wired network simulation core uses* Linux bridge* when using *HUB OR
SWITCHES*.

Initially plan to extend the Linux bridge to implement IEEE 802.1Q behavior
so that I can customize the behavior of *nodes(switches)* according to my
algorithms inside that.

but I came across Open vSwitch and as you said it has already implemented
IEEE 802.1Q so my question is

1. Can I customize the vSwitch behavior to implement my algorithms ex -
want to customize the Queue's behavior in switches.  if Yes Please Provide
some details  ?

2. How can I bypass the Linux bridge in core emulator and use vSwitch for
wired network simulation ?

Regards
Rakesh kumar