[ovs-dev] OVS upgrade

Amir Mohamad a.ibrahim at fci-cu.edu.eg
Thu Apr 19 19:32:28 UTC 2018

Hi,
     I have openstack installed on one host. I have one controller (VM) and
one Compute node (VM).
I want to install a new version that supports OVN SFC by cloning this repo
https://github.com/doonhammer/ovs.git

In the old OVS installation:
1. ovsdb-server and ovs-vswitchd are in /usr/sbin
2. ovn-controller, ovn-northd, ovn-nbctl, etc. are in /usr/bin
3. conf.db is in /etc/openvswitch
3. ovnnb-db.db and ovnsb-db.db are in /var/lib/openvswitch
4. Schema ( ovn-nb.ovsschema,  ovn-sb.ovsschema,  vswitch.ovsschema, and
vtep.ovsschema) are in /usr/share/openvswitch

My questions is:
According to this page (upgrade section):
http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/general/#upgrading
, if I want to upgrade, I will need to kill the currently running OVS and
install the new one using the same configure options as was used for
installing the previous version, or I may end up with two versions of OVS.

So, and according to this page ( configure section ) :
*http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/general/#configuring
<http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/general/#configuring>*

I will need to specify the location all files need to be placed in as well
as the location for db.

should I use the configure as follow:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc

OR

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/sbin --sysconfdir=/var/lib

or

more options needs to be specified?

--
   Regards