[ovs-dev] s/rhel/rpm/?

Markos Chandras mchandras at suse.de
Wed Aug 8 21:29:20 UTC 2018

On 08/08/2018 09:01 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> [asking some random SuSE and Red Hat people]
>
> It had somehow slipped past my notice before that the spec files we have
> are useful for SuSE as well as Red Hat.  Should we make the directory or
> file names more generic?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben.

Hello Ben,

The SUSE spec file[1] mostly matches the rhel/openvswitch-fedora.spec.in
one from the OvS tree, but because of the different packaging policies
between the two distributions, we need to adapt it a little bit. Our
spec file is also adapted to build on RHEL and SUSE (note all the %if
0%{?suse_version} blocks there).

The rhel/ directory currently has quite a few spec files and most of
them only make sense for RHEL. I can perhaps commit the spec file from
[1] as openvswitch-suse.spec.in and then we can rename the directory to
'rpm' since it would then hold spec files for multiple distros. Would
that work?

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/network/openvswitch/openvswitch.spec?expand=1

--
markos

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg