[ovs-dev] OVS DPDK Latest & HWOL Branches

Ophir Munk ophirmu at mellanox.com
Wed Aug 15 09:51:16 UTC 2018

Hi,
Please find comments inline.

If using OVS Repo for the 2 branches will also enable having frequent builds and
running automated CI tests - that would greatly help to make sure the branches
are backward compatible with master OVS.

> An alternative would be that it would be hosted on a developers GitHub repo
> similar to how the dpdk_merge branches currently work.

Where ever the branches are - I suggest using the patchwork mailing list
for sending patches to these branches.
We will need to decide on a header prefix to designate a specific patch to
its relevant branch (e.g. "HWOL PATCH v1" or "DPDKLATEST PATCH v1").