[ovs-dev] OVS DPDK Latest & HWOL Branches

Ian Stokes ian.stokes at intel.com
Wed Aug 15 13:01:31 UTC 2018

On 8/15/2018 10:51 AM, Ophir Munk wrote:
> Hi,
> Please find comments inline.

I think this should be simple enough to enable.

>> An alternative would be that it would be hosted on a developers GitHub repo
>> similar to how the dpdk_merge branches currently work.
>>

> Where ever the branches are - I suggest using the patchwork mailing list
> for sending patches to these branches.
> We will need to decide on a header prefix to designate a specific patch to
> its relevant branch (e.g. "HWOL PATCH v1" or "DPDKLATEST PATCH v1").

Sure, I'm not familiar with the inner workings of patchwork but I
believe it should work once a patch is sent to dev at openvswitch.org.

As you said we just need a to agree the header prefix to distinguish
that it's not intended for the main OVS repo. (I was thinking
"OVS_DPDK_LATEST" and "OVS_DPDK_HWOL"), using just DPDK could confuse
people into think it's a patch for DPDK itself rather than ovs.

Ian