[ovs-dev] dpdk VIRTIO drivier with multiple queues in Openvswitch

amit sehas cun23 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 20:27:14 UTC 2018

I have a host running ubuntu 16.04 xenial and several docker containers in it running the same OS image (ubuntu 16.04). I amutilizing openvswitch on the host.  I have 32 queues per port in the application.  I am able to add queues in openvswitch as follows:
ovs-vsctl set Interface vhost-user4 options:n_rxq=32ovs-vsctl set Interface vhost-user4 options:n_txq=32
But I am not able to figure out how to add flows that will direct traffic to specific queues. So for eg, traffic should go from queue0 to queue0and from queue30 to queue30 and so on for each of the ports in the switch …

has anyone tried to make multiple queues work with VIRTIO utilizing openvswitch?
the add-flow command in ovs-ofctl doesn't seem to match on input queue number, but it does let you enqueue to an output queue .. also I amnot using qemu and not planning to do so either ...
any suggests?
thanks