[ovs-dev] OVS DPDK Mempool revert

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Wed Feb 7 17:53:32 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As discussed on the OVS-DPDK community call, I've manually reverted the per port mempool changes in OVS-DPDK on a branch on my own git hub. This had to be re-introduced manually due to the number of commits and work that had went on top of the per port implementation.

For testing people can access it from the link below:

https://github.com/istokes/ovs/tree/mempool_revert

If we are to revert this in time for OVS 2.9 there is a need for validation among the community to ensure that it does not break any features. I have validated most existing features with VSperf but I'm more interested in ensuring existing user test cases do not break with this revert.

There's some clean for the commit message and the formatting also as is. I can submit an RFC once I have completed this but functionally this can be tested now.

Thanks
Ian