[ovs-dev] New Initiative Introduced For Indigenous Communities Participate

Indigenous Conferences indigenousconferences at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 16 07:39:22 UTC 2018

New Initiative Introduced For Indigenous Communities Participate In 2018
Conferences

MEDIA RELEASE

ICS Australia is proud to announce the launch of its 2018 Indigenous
Conferences which takes you to Cairns, Canberra and Brisbane with broad
range of topics in Indigenous affairs!  Listed below are the conferences
planned and lined-up for this year. Call for papers are now open and sought
for. Please submit your entry online at www.indigenoushealth.net

2018 sees an exciting new initiative introduced to encourage and help
Indigenous communities participate in 2018 conferences, we have decided to
allocate up to 70% of the conference proceedings to community groups and
partnerships between community and government organisations in an attempt to
promote the positives being achieved. We hear time and time again throughout
the media how Closing the Gap initiatives are not being achieved where in
real terms, many successful leap forward are taking place in our
communities.  We wish to invite your organisation to submit-a-paper and be
part of the positive mo0vement in Indigenous Australia. Listed below are our
exciting upcoming 2018 Conferences:

*	2018 Indigenous Men's Wellbeing Conference  June 13-15, 2018 Pullman
International Cairns QLD
*	2018 Indigenous Women's Wellbeing Conference June 13-15, 2018
Pullman International Cairns QLD
*	Black Thunder: The Power of Black Voices Towards 2020 Conference
July 5-6, 2018 Canberra, ACT
*	2018 National Indigenous Employment Conference July 5-6, 2018
Canberra ACT
*	5th Indigenous STOP Domestic Violence National Conference July 9-11,
2018 Marriott Brisbane QLD
*	2018 Indigenous Child Protection & Safety Conference July 9-11, 2018
Marriott Brisbane QLD
*	2018 International Indigenous Chronic Diseases Conference August
1-3, 2018 Pullman Cairns QLD
*	2018 Indigenous Out of the Shadows Mental Health Conference August
1-3, 2018 Pullman Cairns QLD
*	1st National Indigenous NDIS Conference December 11-13, 2018
Marriott Hotel Brisbane QLD
*	2018 National Indigenous Juvenile Justice Conference December 11-13,
2018 Marriott Brisbane QLD

ICS staff and management wish our friends, industry colleagues, delegates
and supporters to our Indigenous conferences a great and prosperous New Year
2018! ICS success is based upon our principle of trusting our culture and
listening and adhering to our grassroots, community controlled grounding and
as part of this, our future planning is open to input from communities and
grassroots individuals. With this in mind, we are extremely keen to receive
input and ideas of topics of concern from around Australia which may not
have the chance to be addressed in the previous year's conference topics and
agenda.

We consider ourselves to be privileged to meet such talented, diverse and
professional individuals and dynamic groups last year. We wish to say thank
you and our heartfelt gratitude to everyone for your dedication in closing
the gap. Moreover, we look forward to working with individuals, community
controlled organizations, governments and non-government organisations in a
not too distant future. With your support, we will strive to making 2018 an
even more meaningful year in professional education for our mob! So, be
proactive in closing the gap! Submit your entry NOW!

Guidelines in Submitting Paper:

*	Papers should not contain offensive language and take into account
cultural sensitivities of host country.
*	Papers may treat the themes in a manner that contributes to further
discussion of conference aims.
*	Conference papers must be presented in the finish format not less
than 60 days prior to the event.
*	First round of papers closing date will be on the 28th February
2018; with a second, if required which closes on 30thMarch 2018
*	Papers that are not chosen in the first round may be resubmitted in
the second round.
*	Papers should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
*	Authors of papers presented at the conference will be formally
notified of their acceptance.
*	Registration fee of $650 will apply to all persons submitting papers
payable upon acceptance of papers.
*	Papers should explore ways in which the themes show up in the
philosophy of the conference.
*	All papers must be presented in a positive and informative light.

For more information, please visit the conference website at
www.icsconferences.org <http://www.icsconferences.org/>  or contact us by
email at adminics at bigpond.com

It will be greatly appreciated if your organisation could add our
conferences in your newsletter or if you could forward and distribute this
media release throughout your email network.