[ovs-dev] master now "frozen" for forking

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Jan 2 15:59:18 UTC 2018

Hello everyone.  We are at the point in the release cycle where
traditionally we would fork a branch from master for release.  We have
tried a slightly different approach a few times and I'd like to propose
that we do it again.  Instead of forking immediately, I propose that we
"freeze" master so that only bug fixes and previously posted feature
enhancements go in, until approximately January 15, and then fork
branch-2.9 from master.  Unless anyone has a serious objection, let's do
this.

Thanks,

Ben.