[ovs-dev] master now "frozen" for forking

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Fri Jan 5 15:58:08 UTC 2018

> Hello everyone.  We are at the point in the release cycle where
> traditionally we would fork a branch from master for release.  We have
> tried a slightly different approach a few times and I'd like to propose
> that we do it again.  Instead of forking immediately, I propose that we
> "freeze" master so that only bug fixes and previously posted feature
> enhancements go in, until approximately January 15, and then fork
> branch-2.9 from master.  Unless anyone has a serious objection, let's do
> this.

Hi Ben,

Am I right in think that cut off for feature enhancements previously discussed on the ML is now January 15th if the above proposal goes ahead?

I guess there was an assumption on the OVS DPDK side that we would branch on January 1st with bug fixes and previously discussed feature enhancements possible until end of January for the 2.9 release, official release of 2.9 then being February 15th?

Thanks
Ian