[ovs-dev] OVS frozen for release

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Mon Jul 2 16:48:50 UTC 2018

According to our release process, we should fork branch-2.10 from master
July 1 (yesterday), then release on August 15.  I'm going to propose
that we modify this in the same way that has been successful in the
past, by calling for an approximately 2-week "soft freeze".  During the
freeze period, we commit only to master only bug fixes and patches that
have been previously discussed in public before the freeze period.

In this cycle, I'm proposing the following:

- Now: Soft freeze begins.

- July 20: Fork branch-2.10.

  (This is slightly late but I'm out July 13-18 and usually I'm involved
  in branching.)

- August 13: Release OVS 2.10.

Thanks,

Ben.