[ovs-dev] The “overlay” mode issue while setting up OVS with DPDK

Sandeep Adapala sandeepadapala11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:41:52 UTC 2018

Hello All,

I am trying to use this doc to setup the containers using OVS-DPDK (
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-docker-containers-with-open-vswitch-and-dpdk-on-ubuntu-1710)
but when I try to configure the ovs on overlay mode I am little confused on
this configuration. I don't have a remote server I want everything to be
installed in same server. so can you please help me out what should I
remove and replace in the below config

ovs-vsctl set Open_vSwitch . \
    external_ids:ovn-remote="tcp:$CENTRAL_IP:6642" \
    external_ids:ovn-nb="tcp:$CENTRAL_IP:6641" \
    external_ids:ovn-encap-ip=$LOCAL_IP \
    external_ids:ovn-encap-type="$ENCAP_TYPE"

like what is CENTRAL_IP? ENCAP_TYPE and all?

Regards,
Sandeep