[ovs-dev] The “overlay” mode issue while setting up OVS with DPDK

Sandeep Adapala sandeepadapala11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:15:12 UTC 2018

I have configured the grub as

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="default_hugepagesz=1G hugepagesz=1G
hugepages=16 hugepagesz=2M hugepages=2048 iommu=pt intel_iommu=on"

I didn't isolate any cores so if I want to use core 2 or 3 what will
be the dpdk-lcore-mask and pod-cpu-mask?

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 4:11 PM, Sandeep Adapala <sandeepadapala11 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I have tried that already Guru but I got the same error always. Let me ask
> one more question.
>
> What do I need to configure here?
>
> sudo ovs-vsctl -no-wait set Open_vSwitch . other_config:dpdk-lcore-mask=0
> xfffffbffffe.
> sudo ovs-vsctl -no-wait set Open_vSwitch . other_config:dpdk-socket-mem="
> 1024,1024"
> sudo ovs-vsctl set Open_vSwitch . other_config:pmd-cpu-mask=0x800002
>

> I am very new to ovs so I am still learning things. So can you explain me
> what I should configure in lcore-mask and cpu-mask
>
> I have a 28 core with 10G intel NIC's
>
> Regards
> Sandeep
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Guru Shetty <guru at ovn.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. Use the same IP address for both CENTRAL_IP and LOCAL_IP. And this
>> should be the IP of your host.
>> 2. ENCAP_TYPE="geneve".
>>
>> On 23 July 2018 at 12:41, Sandeep Adapala <sandeepadapala11 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I am trying to use this doc to setup the containers using OVS-DPDK (
>>> https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-docker-conta
>>> iners-with-open-vswitch-and-dpdk-on-ubuntu-1710)
>>> but when I try to configure the ovs on overlay mode I am little confused
>>> on
>>> this configuration. I don't have a remote server I want everything to be
>>> installed in same server. so can you please help me out what should I
>>> remove and replace in the below config
>>>
>>> ovs-vsctl set Open_vSwitch . \
>>>     external_ids:ovn-remote="tcp:$CENTRAL_IP:6642" \
>>>     external_ids:ovn-nb="tcp:$CENTRAL_IP:6641" \
>>>     external_ids:ovn-encap-ip=$LOCAL_IP \
>>>     external_ids:ovn-encap-type="$ENCAP_TYPE"
>>>

>>> like what is CENTRAL_IP? ENCAP_TYPE and all?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Sandeep